Fullstack Academy Review
If you’re thinking about a tech bootcamp, Fullstack is a solid option. The school is an industry leader, offering both full-time and part-time software engineering and cyber-security bootcamps
Fullstack Academy Coding Bootcamp Price
- Full-time web development – $17,910
- Part-time web development – $15,980
- Cyber bootcamp full-time – $17,910
- Cyber bootcamp part-time – $15,980
While these course prices are on the upper end of the bootcamp pricing scale, you get a lot of bang for your buck. Fullstack Academy is one of the top-ranked bootcamps in the U.S.; and all classes are available in-person and live online. You’ll also receive guidance and support from its amazing career success team, which has helped alumni find their dream job.
There are several ways you can finance your bootcamp tuition at Fullstack Academy:
- Pay upfront: There is an early enrolment discount of $500
- Scholarships: There are scholarships available to help students afford the tuition cost. For example:
- Veteran’s scholarships are available
- The Opportunity Fund provides full-tuition scholarships for U.S. students who identify as Black or African American
- Women + identifying students who pay upfront are eligible to receive a $1,000 scholarship
- Edie Windsor scholarship is available for gender-nonconforming individuals & LGBTQ+ women
- VET TEC is available for veterans who have a valid G.I Bill
- You can also apply for a private loan to help finance your tuition. Fullstack Academy works with Skills Fund and Climb Credit to help students find affordable loans
Fullstack Academy provides two tracks, which are available both full- time and part-time. It’s important to note the school only accepts motivated students who prove they already have a fundamental understanding of programming or cybersecurity. By ensuring that students come prepared with more than just a beginner’s level of knowledge, you’re able to get much more out of the bootcamp by jumping into harder and more technical topics which regular bootcamps don’t have time for.
If you’re still finding your feet in the software development or cyber security worlds, Fullstack Academy has partnered with universities all around the U.S to provide beginner-friendly bootcamp programs. More info below.
With one of the highest hiring outcome stats in the industry, it’s no wonder students are clamoring to join.
By setting high entry standards, you’ll be studying with people as motivated as you are which will boost your career to new heights.
The software engineering course is designed to kick-start your career in the tech industry. The full-time track lasts 17 weeks and is very intensive, with amazing teachers and assistants. All the fluff is stripped away. Instead, you’ll learn the skills and frameworks you’ll need to land your first job. If you have other commitments, the part-time Flex track is slower-paced and takes place on evenings and weekends over 26 weeks.
Once the course starts, you’ll transform into a professional software engineer and build an extensive portfolio of apps by yourself and as part of a team:
- Create modern web and mobile apps using HTML5, CSS, and modern frameworks like React
- Master APIs
- Create your own SQL database and learn how to integrate databases
- Work as a team to plan and build a fully-functioning e-commerce site
- Create a capstone project
If you want to launch a cybersecurity career in the shortest time possible, Fullstack Academy’s 17-week program will turn you from a novice to a professional.
Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp also offers a part-time, 26-week program offered evenings and weekends to accommodate working professionals.
After completing the bootcamp, you’ll be qualified for roles like Cybersecurity Engineer and Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst.
Over the course, you’ll learn:
- Security essentials: study the fundamentals like data encoding and malware analysis
- Red team: learn how to ethically hack systems to better protect companies and individuals by understanding how malicious hackers operate
- Blue team: gain critical skills such as how to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks
Businesses are spending more on cybersecurity than ever before. With Fullstack Academy, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to join one of the world’s most lucrative industries.
If you’re looking to get your foot in the high tech industry but don’t know where to start, Fullstack Academy has teamed up with multiple universities all around the U.S to offer beginner-friendly courses. These courses are aimed at providing you with more basic knowledge and tools you’ll need to join more advanced coding bootcamps like Fullstack.
Fullstack courses are one of the most challenging there are. You’ll need to master both front-end and back-end technologies, as well as vital data science concepts such as algorithms and data manipulation. A beginner course is the first step toward becoming a fully fledged software engineer, but it’s an important one.
Fullstack Academy has very impressive job outcome figures. Over 840 companies in New York and Chicago have hired its software engineering alumni, with a median starting salary of $72k in Chicago and $90k in New York.
Students have gone on to work for companies like Google, Facebook, Spotify, Blackrock, American Express, and more.
Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp has impressive outcomes with students getting hired for cybersecurity roles at Accenture, The New York Times, the IRS, and more. Graduates leave prepared for roles that earn on average $85,000 in New York.
The Fullstack Academy application process takes place over three stages.
- Submit your application
- Complete the online technical assessment
- Take part in a behavioral and technical Skype interview