Actualize Coding Bootcamp Review
If you’re looking to jump-start a new career as a full-stack web developer or transition into software engineering, Actualize may have the right course for you.
Founded in 2014, Actualize prioritizes hiring professionals who have both coding and teaching abilities, ensuring that your teachers know how best to educate you in the offline or online classroom. Let’s look at this 12-week bootcamp in more detail.
Actualize coding bootcamp price
The tuition price for Actualize coding bootcamp is $13,900. But note, there’s a $1,000 deposit required if you want to secure your place in the cohort (non-refundable).
When it comes to funding your tuition at Actualize, there are three options available. And while it would have been nice to see Share Income Agreement as an option, there are still alternative options available.
- Upfront payment – If you can afford to pay upfront, you’ll gain a $500 discount.
- Instalments – With this option, you can break up your tuition payments into smaller, more manageable amounts without having to pay any interest.
- Tuition financing – Actualize works with TutionFlex, a program that helps you fund your tuition by creating a customized credit plan to help you pay. You can finance your fees over three years, and the monthly payment is based partly on your financial and credit history.
At Actualize, you’ll find one class available, which is the software engineering course. It focuses on teaching full-stack web development with a wide range of languages and frameworks.
The curriculum also places a heavy focus on teaching you how to think like a developer:
- How to tackle problems
- Plan projects
- And work with other developers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The course is available in both in-person and online classes.
- The online classes are live (not pre-recorded), and you can opt to take either the daytime track or nights and weekend track.
- Daytime – takes place on Monday through Friday, 5 hours per day.
- Nights and weekends track – takes place all-day Sunday, as well as Monday through Thursday evenings.
- The in-person class is held in Chicago and also available either daytime or nights and weekends.
To help students kickstart their careers in the world of software development, you’ll work closely with a career advisor to help you land your first job.
Instead of waiting until the end and then trying to pair you with job recruiters, this is an ongoing process throughout the course.
First, they’ll assess your previous experience and any transferable skills to help you beef up your resume and improve your online presence, which is an essential part of the hiring process.
When you’re nearing the end of the course, they’ll begin to connect you with developers and employers in the industry.
Graduates of Actualize have gone on to work for companies like Amazon web services, Salesforce, Twitter, Bosch, and more.
The application process is pretty straightforward. First, fill out a simple application form, which is then followed by a phone interview. Once accepted, you’ll need to complete four weeks of home-exercises via videos that will get you up to speed with the basics and fundamentals of coding.