What financing options are available at Evolve Cyber Security Academy?
The in-person bootcamp costs $12,500, while the remote bootcamp is slightly cheaper, and costs $10,500. Unlike most coding bootcamps, you won’t find any Income Share Agreements (ISA) here. Instead, you can choose to fund the course in the following ways:
- Pay the full tuition upfront and receive a small discount ($250)
- Instalments – pay 50% upfront and 50% by the 2nd half of the bootcamp
- Financing – via Skills Fund, a third-party lender who provides personal loans.
- Alternative options are available for international students
- Merit scholarships are available which prospective students can apply for
- Evolve Security Academy also accept the GI Bill for eligible veterans
Which courses does Evolve Security Academy offer?
The cybersecurity course is available both online and in-person in Chicago, IL. Students receive instruction through live-lectures, recorded lectures, lab tutorials, and plenty of hands-on projects. The course places great emphasis on its holistic approach to teaching to keep students engaged and to impart them with the skills necessary to start a career in IT security. The curriculum includes:
- Intro to Cyber Security
- Security Program
- OSINT & Social Engineering
- Scripting for Security
- Security Operations Architecture
- Security Operations Threat Modeling
- Threat Intelligence
- OSINT & Social Engineering
- AppSec & Offensive Security
- Threat Hunting & Incident Response
- Job Search Preparation
Upon completing the course, you’ll be fully knowledgeable about the theory behind IT security and how best to apply it to real-life scenarios. Students are expected to dedicate at least 20 hours per week and staff will also help prepare graduates looking for a new job, while also using their extensive network connections.
On top of its flagship cyber security course, Evolve Security Academy offers two advanced courses. Both are 5 weeks long and cost $3,200. Similar to the cybersecurity course, they’re available part-time and online.
- Practical penetration testing – learn how to deliver a full penetration test from scoping to reporting, using lab environments which mimic actual life situations
- Practical application security – Understand the current threat landscape, the top application vulnerabilities, and how to implement security in the development process
Evolve Security Academy job outcomes
The bootcamp is proud that the majority of graduates find a cybersecurity position within six months of graduating and their median salary increases by 63%. On average, job-seeking graduates found a position within 79 days.
Graduates who complete the cybersecurity course are qualified for a large number of roles which include:
- Security Sales Engineer
- InfoSec Analyst/Engineer
- Security Analyst/Engineer
- IT Security Analyst/Engineer
- Cybersecurity Analyst/Engineer
- Network Security Analyst/Engineer
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Associate Security Consultant (Technical/Compliance)
What is the application process for Evolve Security Academy?
While they state they don’t require any specific technical knowledge beforehand, they do screen candidates who show the right attitude, aptitude, and passion for cybersecurity. Applicants with experience in IT, scripting languages, knowledge of conventional operating systems, or hold an IT certification are more strongly considered for the course.
If you wish to apply, you’ll need to fill out the student application form and attend an in-person or video interview. Afterward, an admissions board will review and decide whether you’ll be accepted.