Nexul Academy Review
Become a full-stack developer at Nexul Academy in just 12 weeks. You’ll learn all the vital coding languages, frameworks and team skills to start your career. Classes take place online and are taught by experienced instructors. You’ll also receive assistance and guidance from mentors each week.
A slower-paced 25-week part-time track is also available if you have a busy schedule, such as a job or family to take care of. For this track, you’ll need to free up two evenings each week to tackle the course.
Nexul Academy Price
Both the full-time and part-time full-stack developer course are priced at $11,650 with a variety of payment options.
There are a number of financing options available, including grants and deferred tuition:
- 100% financing
- WIOA grants are available, and no upfront tuition is required if your current salary is under $35,000 per year
- Deferred tuition is also available. Only start paying when your yearly salary is $40,000 or more
- Scholarships for underrepresented minorities, vets and recent college grads totalling $500 can be used and combined
The goal of Nexul Academy’s full-stack course is to turn you into a ready-to-go software engineer capable of creating web apps with a fully functioning front-end and back-end, plus the knowledge to host it on a private server or cloud environment.
- You’ll master HTML and CSS to create structured websites which look great and have essential functionality
- Familiarize yourself with Asp.Net Core fundamentals to create MVC apps with data entry forms, controllers, Razor Views and shared view components
- Build basic Angular applications then move onto advanced topics like state management and API integration
- Learn how to design and structure a database using SQL, run queries and more
The course content is made up of modules, with multiple lessons, assignments and resources available. It’s not a solo experience as there are daily check-ins with your teachers and fellow classmates who will be part of your learning community. You’ll also have access to your mentor multiple times per week to ask questions and help guide your learning. You can also post questions in the community chat where anyone can pitch in to help you out.
For many employers, teamwork is an essential skill, and it can be hard to prove you have it without a portfolio of team-based projects. Part of your time will be spent working on missions together as a team to showcase your group skills and give you plenty to talk about in your interview.
For the team portion of the course, you’ll be using the Agile development process, a popular technique used in many businesses as it allows teams to coordinate their efforts, talk about their workflow, keep each other accountable and help build strong associations.
You’ll be expected to dedicate 50-60 hours each of the 12 weeks to get the most out of your time. It breaks down to 40 hours for the course and 10-20 hours for your team projects. If you’re unable, or prefer to learn at a slower pace, the part-time course requires a more manageable 20 hours each week to complete.
Nexul Academy does not advertise their job outcomes, but they do provide a host of features to help land your first job as a software developer.
- Workshops to help you build an effective resume
- A network of companies to help land your first software development job
- Mock interviews and provide plenty of job search materials
- Hackathons with partners to level up your resume
- A large pool of employers looking for junior developers
Anyone can apply to Nexul Academy’s bootcamp. There’s no placement test or interview to pass either. The prep work before the course begins will require you to create a simple web page showing data from an API.